Wednesday 4 May 2011

CRUISING ON PONT AVEN












A voyage on BRITTANY FERRIES flagship PONT AVEN is a wonderful sailing experience, the ship was designed to weather the Bay of Biscay, she can negotiate heavy seas with extreme comfort, I have sailed many times on this ship, I was present even on the maiden voyage back in March 2004 and have experienced some rough, or should I say extreme rough crossings to or from Santander where of course we have to sail the famous Bay of Biscay, I have witnessed force 10/11 seas against this ship, she very rarely slows downs and when it happens it´s to safeguard passenger comfort. The passenger facilities are excellent, similar to many cruise ships, there is even a wrap-around promenade deck which is not easy to find these days on many cruise vessels, another great thing I love about the vessel, apart from food that is served on both restaurants, is the speed she can travel, on the maiden voyage we reached 28 knots and that was something I had only experienced on board the QE2, when she was introduced she reduced the crossing time from Plymouth to Santander by six hous from the VAL DE LOIRE, today she takes an average of 20 hours sailing from Plymouth or 24 if the departure takes place from Portsmouth, with such comfort, speed and excellent food I highly recommend this experience. Some pictures included of the last crossing on the 27th of April with a special passenger for company, my wife

No comments:

Post a Comment