Saturday 9 April 2011

LISBON AND LUIS MIGUEL CORREIA

Lisbon is of course the portuguese capital, a place associated with the maritime world, names like VASCO DA GAMA have developed their enterprises from Lisbon, PEDRO ALVARES CABRAL with the colonization and introduction of Christianity in Brazil, the first nation to put together fleets to navigate the world´s oceans, what is known today as globalization is in a way something those navigators created, the exploits of  PRINCE HENRY and FERDINAND MAGELLAN have booked a place in the world´s history forever, today the world we live in tends to neglect culture, intelligence, the incredible speed we live the day to day live, the technological evolution, doesn´t give us time to wonder and marvel on those incredible adventures. I was born there and I am very proud of that, everyone dedicated to the maritime adventures, shipping and love for the sea will have for Lisbon and PORTUGAL a special bond.








Today all ships enthusiasts and anyone with a maritime passion think of LUIS MIGUEL CORREIA. I have known him for 28 years, it´s dificult to think of someone that puts such a passion and commitment for an industry, his work is remarkable and we ship´s devotees should be proud of it, I know we are, everywhere I am going to photograph ships when I meet and start talking about our common passion  to other fellow enthusiasts his name is always mentionned as a reference, and that´s exactly what he is, and we all rely on his work for information and advice, so this post is a praise to LMC´s work and I trust the best is yet to come. Everytime I am in Lisbon my camera obviously comes with me and I try to get as much photos of shipping as possible, so please enjoy the ones here published, all mine as well as text.
ALBATROSS,  EBORENSE,  PRINCESS DANAE,  PRINCIPE PERFEITO, QUEEN VICTORIA, SEA PRINCESS all 2008, last picture the very last time I saw the QE2 in Lisbon, October 2008

1 comment:

  1. Hoje fotografei o ATHENA e no sábado foi a vez do QUEEN VICTORIA, entretanto obrigado pelo elogio,e um abraço...

    LMC

    ReplyDelete