Friday 7 December 2012

Lisbon, my place of birth and its ships







this Blog is about my voyages on cruise ferries and share some of the places they take me to. It's always a special occasion to go back to my place of birth, Lisbon, one of the oldest cities in the world, charming with a unique climate throughout the year, renown worldwide for its culture, museums and its association with the Maritime World, capital of former empire, cosmopolitan and with a rich gastronomy. the photos above were taken minutes away from my place of birth, Santa Engracia and Miradouro Santa Luzia where the majority of cruise ships dock these days. For four decades I have been watching and admiring ships of all sorts, and honestly can hardly think of a most suitable city to fulfil this ever growing passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment